Mass with the Sacred Heart Sisters

Mass with the Sacred Heart Sisters

In 1853, the Society of the Sacred Heart (Sacred Heart Sisters) purchased the site on which Holy Faith Convent Glasnevin now stands. The first Mass was celebrated by a Vincentian priest in October 1853, 160 years ago.

To mark that occasion, Mass was offered in the convent chapel by Fr Eamon Devlin, the  Vincential provincial.  The Sacred Heart sisters were delighted to see their old home, the Georgian house built by Mitchell in the 1750s and to enjoy afternoon tea in the new Margaret Aylward Centre.